Many thanks to RPLife for compiling all of the fan reactions to Bel Ami together. Lucky Belgian fans were given an exclusive opportunity to see this film before the tentative world-wide release date of March 2, 2012.
I, myself, have not read any of these spoilers as I am trying very hard to keep this movie a surprise. With that being said, major MAJOR SPOILER ALERT after the break 🙂
- The film has ended! It was good and Robert was Yummie :-)#belami
- But it was good and so worth the wait. A lot of sexy Rob 🙂
- I’ll tell you people. This movie is oscar worthy.
- And Robert’s performance ís fabulous. #belami
- Still thinking about how good Rob looked 😛
- Didn’t read the book! But friend says a lotif differences!
- 9 😀 (On the 1-10 scale – what would you give the movie overall?)
- 1h45 more or less!(How long was the movie?)
- good! Really outdone himself! (Rob’s acting)
- one of his best 🙂 but although good, I like him more in other characters. (favorite Rob performance?)
- overall acting was good. And no I don’ think she was overacting. It’s the accent. (Uma’s performance)
- Movie done. Me happy! Me am gonna scream of happiness
- And i don’t wanna spoil but BEL AMI IS AMAZING!
- If you think JacobRob or TylerRob, you’ll faint seeing GeorgeRob!
- The movie ended… hnnng Rob wasn’t lying when he said his buttcrack was in this movie #BelAmi
- full ass actually LOL
- So #BelAmi (SPOILERS)… Oh and minors might want to look away lol. First I will give you some details on Rob’s nudity. The full naked butt scene is one of the first scenes in the movies. I think it’s with some prostitute, I’m not sure. It’s in a dark room and you see the sex from above, his full naked back and butt, there was DEFINITELY thrusting not just the tip LOL. Then there were some sex scenes with Christina Ricci. Mostly like the ones we saw in the trailer, you know the ‘i missed you so much’ sex scene. You get to see more thrusting and his super sexy back again. Then those are kinda the last of the graphic sex scenes, but Rob is just overall so incredibly sexy in this movie. The sex scene with Uma Thurman is pretty weird and no nudity in that one.
- The movie itself was good, but I feel like they cut out a lot of the storyline in order to give Rob more screen time and so I feel like the movie had more potential. But that’s just my humble opinion of course
- Oh and AngryRob is such a turn on
- Some more thoughts on the acting in #BelAmi. I think Rob did a very good job, he plays angry and frustrated very well. He wasn’t very likeable, which was how it’s supposed to be, if I understand what the book is about( I haven’t read it) Basically, he’s an ass. In one scene he threw Kristin Scott Thomas on the floor, and it was just so well done, scene like that must be hard to act. When he gets angry at those guys for going behind his back and throws him out of the house, it’s very believable. We see part of this in the trailer. He didn’t remind me of Edward at all in this movie. Uma Thurman has such a lovely voice. She’s was great. I loved Christina Ricci, she did an amazing job.
- Oh, and I’m disappointed Rob didn’t speak French 🙁 You’re in Paris for christ’s sake!
- Seriously, Bel Ami is one hot movie!
- Rob’s performance in Bel Ami is extraordinary. It’s something totally different than what we’re used. It’s amazing! #BelAmi
- Rob’s performance does things to the lady parts, that much I can assure you!
- For those who do not want to be spoiled, all I’m gonna say is that Rob’s performance is extraordinary! It’s something so different than what we’re used of him and he fucking nailed the part! That man can act! (Not that I didn’t know that already!)
- HOT, NAKED ROB! Do I need to say more?
- Yes, we get a lovely view of Rob’s well trained but. *drools*
- I swear I was almost drooling throughout the entire movie.
- There were about three or four (Sorry, I lost count. Don’t blame me, this movie was too much to handle!) mayor sex scenes! (YES, MY DEARS, WITH THRUSTING!) The first one ‘s already after five minutes. Dear god, me was not ready yet. AND IT’S HOT!
- And Uma, HELL TO THE YES! Let’s say she almost raped Georges! Hilarious scene though! Rob’s face is so hilarious, I can’t even!
- I did feel bad for Clothilde (played by Christina Ricci) She’s an amazing actress!
- And when George gets mad. ASdklfjqsmdfjmqldfjq, *Dead*
- Rob’s performance is amazing! It’s so different from what we’ve seen of him so far. And I like it. Bye good image, ‘cause George Duroy is one smug bastard!
- So prepare yourself before you go see this movie! THIS SHIT IS HOT!
- So Bel Ami was AWESOME 😀 Quite some sex scenes (and thrusting Rob, obviously). I haven’t read the book yet, so I can’t really compare the storyline, but I thought the storyline in the movie was really good. I don’t want to tell spoilers so I’ll just shut up about the storyline (‘: Oh and Rob’s acting was great, of course. Like really, everything looked perfect. But that’s what we expect from him, right? (; And, not to forget, he looked really hot. Like, REALLY hot. The last scene was just like… BAM. GOODBYE OVARIES. Yeah, it really is one of my favourite Rob movies now (:
- Okay you can’t really see this as a review of Bel Ami, I suck at writing reviews, you see. But I just wanted to share this with you guys, and I’m really looking forward to the moment you can all watch it and we can all be excited together 😀
- SPOILER* Rob’s face when he looked at the 3 women sitting around the table, thinking “I’ve done them all”. Oh, just epic. #BelAmi
- robert is greatttttt!!his best performance yet
- RP performance in BA was great I saw some very strong scenes!!! It was “a new” Pattinson I saw
- all the three leading ladies were excellent too!
- IT WAS GREAT! I’d say it’s Oscar worthy. Such a good performance of all the actors. Completely blown away by Rob!
- This may be one of Robert’s strongest performances. Loved him in this film! #BelAmi
- It’s not close to the book though, there are some big scenes that are the same, but not so much
- First of all, I want to say that all the actors did an amazing job on this film. For the people who loved the book, the film may disappoint a little bit, because they don’t stay close to the book. There are a few scenes that are in the film who were in the book, but it’s not so close at all. But after all, the film is really great. A must watch!
So the film contains some nudity, we all knew it was rated R, a lot of sex/kissing scenes,.. . I think this is one of Rob’s best films, simply because he really did a good job. The part where he gets all crazy and mad because it seems like he loses everything, may be the strongest part of the film, in my opinion. He’s raging all the time, smashing some glasses against the walls (which you may have seen in the trailers too), He throws women on the ground and so on,..
For those who haven’t read the book, it all starts with George who’s actually poor and he gets offered a job as a writer for a paper. For this he gets the help of some beautiful ladies, who he seduces. Clotilde is the one he really falls in love with, and it’s actually cute to watch them play together in several scenes. Afterwards the man of Matilde dies (played by Uma Thurman), and he grabs his chance to marry her. After they’re married, he still goes to the other 2 women.
At once, everything seems to go wrong and he gets completely crazy. And after all, Clotilde still returns to him. The film ends with George marrying the daughter of Virginie ( the third woman he seduced).
The film has a length of 105 min. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask! 🙂
From Katrien at Robstenation
- OK,Guys….just got back from BEL AMI!!!!I don’t want to say too much…but expect a COMPLETELY different Rob.The movie was good but it took me some time to get used to his caracter….and I saw his totaly naked butt twice!!!!The sex scenes weren’t too much (I was a bit worried about it at first) His character is soooo different from what we are used to ,no Edward ,no Tyler and no Jacob at all but he really did it so well!!Kristen will be so proud of him…he can play anything!This movie proves it!