- The last scene of Breaking Dawn Part 1 is exactly where Part 2 begins.
- “Kristen is the ultimate Twihard.” She remembers the first time she read the books, what made her cry, and she’d lobby for certain lines to be put back in.
- The characters were so comfortable together, “it was between the lines of acting and just being”
- Towards the end of filming, Kristen Stewart had a scene with Taylor Lautner where Jacob and Bella have a last dance. At the end of the scene as the Quielute recede into the forest, Kristen Stewart lifted everyone’s spirits by hiking up her wedding dress and running after Taylor saying “Jacob! Jacob! I was wrong, I changed my mind, come back, don’t leave me!”
- Kristen Stewart’s Bella in Breaking Dawn 2 is a sort of “Warrior goddess”
- The original cut of the love scene had “a bit more thrust.”
- Bill Condon toyed with the anticipation for the love scene-he knew it would be impossible to live up to what the actual scene would be, so instead he chose to emphasize reliving the moments as Bella remembered them–where he touched her, where he kissed her, Edward’s smell.
- When Edward and Bella kiss on the beach after the chess game, it was very awkward for them because there were tons of boats with paparazzi in the harbor. The boats had to be digitally removed.
- Carter Burwell’s theme for Renessmee’s lullaby is heard around 46:30, Robert Pattinson will perform it in Part 2.
- Kristen Stewart is an amazing cook. Condon can imagine Kristen as a director, Rob as a writer and Taylor as a producer
- Part 1 is intimate whereas Part 2 is epic. Many scenes were removed from Part 1 to make it more personal in scope.
- It was nearly impossible to acquire a Visa for Brazilian actress Carolina Virguez (housemaid Kaure) so she could film in Vancouver. A friend of a friend had to contact the Whitehouse to make it happen.
- There are 1400 effects shots in Part 1, 2000 in Part 2. In total, it’s more than Avatar. The goal was to not be able to discern when special effects were being used.
- Kristen Stewart doesn’t have the vanity of a typical actress. She “wanted to look just as terrible as she could” during her deterioration.
- Robert Pattinson is unbelievably tender with children, and we’ll se a lot of that in the second film with Renesmee.. “Something changes” and he’s “sweet and caring” with children.
- Stephenie Meyer wore two hats as producer and writer with equal skill. She understood what needed to be changed while not loosing the spirit of the novel.
- Bill Condon’s first Comic-Con for Breaking Dawn was as “unbelievably intense and overwhelming” as everyone told him with such fan interest in every frame.
- Kristen Stewart pretended to get in a fist-fight with her emaciated body-cast dummy on set.
- Condon loved how interactive the fans were in wanting certain scenes to play right, like the child birth and love scene..
- He knew they couldn’t have an R rating, but wanted to have the childbirth as intense as possible. A rule was imposed because of this to see it as Bella sees it. Stephenie Meyer stood firmly behind Bill Condon in supporting this-they didn’t sanitize it in any way.
- The original score was hugely operatic during the end as Bella recovers into a Vampire, it was a huge revelation late in the production to have it end in silence with her last heartbeat.
Share Bella and Edward’s passion and love this Valentine’s Day with a Twilight – Breaking Dawn Part 1 movie night! In anticipation of the love story’s DVD and Blu-ray release this Saturday, February 11, Redbox is hosting a giveaway.
THREE lucky winners will receive a special edition Twilight – Breaking Dawn Part 1 (DVD or Blu-ray) and movie poster! To enter, simply go to this link and leave a comment about your favorite on-screen love triangle for the chance to win!
To catch the latest movie in the Twilight Saga and other new releases, go to www.redbox.com to find your neighborhood kiosk or use the free iPhone and Android Apps.
Terms & Conditions | here
Thanks Amanda, representative for Redbox, for sharing!
As a reminder, fans can see a special sneak peak of BREAKING DAWN – PART 2 at participating Target stores starting at 11pm tomorrow evening (Click HERE for info)!
In celebration of tomorrow’s release, HERE is a download link for your exclusive DVD/Blu-ray clip, “Bill Condon”!
Thanks Twilightish for sharing!
UPDATE: Here’s the YouTube version, uploaded by TeamTwilight. B/c the download file is pretty huge, this is a better option for those of you with a slow connection.
I’m trying my absolute HARDEST to not watch these videos and wait for Friday when the DVD comes out to watch all of this with Melissa! So far, I’ve been a good girl! haha For any one that can’t stand the wait and wants to watch it now (I feel your pain), here it is! The gifs are adorable as well. The way Rob (yes I said Rob and not Edward) tries to give Kristen a big kiss and she keeps it little…you can just feel the love and passion between them. Love it!