In lieu of the release of the Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack, we have decided to put together a little contest for y’all. What’s up for grabs? Well, a beautiful November issue of GQ (UK) is what’s at stake! Now, let’s get into the nitty, gritty details of this contest:
After listening to the Soundtrack (a million times), we have decided to make a contest that tests just how accurate you can be at determining where each song on the Soundtrack will play in the Breaking Dawn Part 1. This task seems rather daunting if you consider all songs and all scenes in the movie. Therefore, we have decided to provide you with three scenes. It will be your task to tell us which song will play in each of the three pre-determined scenes. Whoever gets the most scene/song combinations correct will win the grand prize! There will be second and third place prizes as well, so any submission is a good submission
- You can only enter once, so please make sure your submission is complete and thought-through.
- Please submit your answer in the comments section below.
- All submissions will be turned in no later than November 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm CENTRAL STANDARD TIME.
- Contest is open to all International residents.
- First place prize is a copy of the November issue of GQ (UK), featuring Kristen Stewart of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1.
- Second place prize a copy of the People Magazine Breaking Dawn Special Edition.
- Third place prize is a 15×21″ poster of Robert Pattinson.
- Please, no cheating. If you have already submitted an answer, please do not use another name to submit another answer. IP addresses are attached to your comments, so please don’t make me have to check this.
Below is a list of the songs on the Soundtrack:
- The Joy Formidable, “Endtapes”
- Angus & Julia Stone, “Love Will Take You”
- Bruno Mars, “It Will Rain”
- Sleeping at Last, “Turning Page”
- The Features, “From Now On”
- Christina Perri, “A Thousand Years”
- Theophilus London, “Neighbors”
- The Belle Brigade, “I Didn’t Mean It”
- Noisettes, “Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)”
- Cider Sky, “Northern Lights”
- Iron & Wine, “Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)”
- Imperial Mammoth, “Requiem on Water”
- Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz, “Cold”
- Mia Maestro, “Llovera”
- Carter Burwell, “Love Death Rebirth”
UPDATE: Due to the lack of Soundtrack music being played in 2 out of 3 of these scenes we previously chose, we will have to cancel this contest. However, please stay tuned to a trivia or a giveaway with these same prizes! We will let you know as soon as we figure out what we are going to do.
Fans Can Begin Submitting Video and Twitter Questions Today for Q&A with Bruno
Live Celebration of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1 Soundtrack to Immediately Follow the Music Video Premiere on MTV.com
New York, NY (October 20, 2011) – Grammy-award winning singer, songwriter, producer and multi-platinum selling artist Bruno Mars will sit down for an exclusive interview and to premiere his new music video “It Will Rain,” the first single from THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1 soundtrack that features a never-before-seen clip from the film, on MTV on Wednesday, October 26th at 7:54pm ET during “MTV First: Bruno Mars.”
After personally introducing the new music video and answering a few fan questions, Bruno will stay on for an additional interview with MTV News’ Sway Calloway on MTV.com. In addition, fans will be treated to a live broadcast from MTV News’ studio, celebrating the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1 soundtrack with special guests, including TWILIGHT soundtrack Music Supervisor Alexandra Patsavas, super fans and more.
Fans can get in on the action immediately by submitting video or text questions beginning today via MTV.com or via Twitter (using @MTVNews / hash-tag #AskBruno).
Co-written and produced with the Smeezingtons (Mars, Philip Lawrence and Ari Levine), “It Will Rain” is currently available for sale exclusively via iTunes. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1 soundtrack will be released on November 8, 2011.Bruno Mars is a multitalented singer, songwriter, producer and musician. After co-producing and performing on two of last summer’s biggest hits (B.o.B’s “Nothin’ On You” and Travie McCoy’s “Billionaire”,) Mars’ first solo single “Just the Way You Are,” hit number 1 in multiple countries across the world and won the critically-acclaimed artist a Grammy Award for “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.” Bruno’s 2x Platinum-certified debut album Doo-Wops & Hooligans went on to claim two additional hit singles “Grenade” and “The Lazy Song.” Mars has now sold over 15 million singles worldwide and is touring internationally. For more information, visit http://www.brunomars.com